Sunday, November 3, 2013

Alley Pond Environmental Center

This is definitely another place to visit! My Natural History of NY class spent another day at the Alley Pond Environmental Center in Queens by the LIE. Another nice spot to explore and find adventure and also to find out about the natural NYC environment!

I found this beautiful flower while walking on the trail and my professor said it was Queen Anne's Lace.  It looks pretty and even has a pretty name too.  It really does look like lace!


I found this beautiful flower while walking on the trail and my professor said it was Queen Anne's Lace.  It looks pretty and even has a pretty name too.  It really does look like lace!















This was a little babbling brook with watercress in it.


















These are pictures of Phragmites, also known as common reed.  They are EVERYWHERE in Queens wherever there is water nearby!

No comments:

Post a Comment